Tuesday 24 April 2007

Technology is like black magic.

OMG! I remember reading early on how one teacher running an ILC confessed that trying to get the computer systems to work was as near as black magic as they wanted to come! Well, I can totally empathise with this person.

I downloaded the audio file about chat in Second lLif, 3 days ago, from Dekka's Decks and it was in flash format, space saving device, I think. Anyway, I tried to upload it to youtube from work but couldn't so I had to change it into MP3 format by playing the flash file while recording it in audacity. Found out that the Lame file was missing from audacity, had to download that and then download another piece of software that converts MP3 to .AVI extensions.

A lot of hair pulling later and I had a movie file to upload. 2Hours! to upload to youtube and the recording quality now sucks but I have a playable file.

Now off to post in the USQ boards before they close. Shame really 'cos I don't think I'll include it in the analysis but the others might like it.

No comments: